Wednesday, September 17, 2014

When We Work Hard The Lord Blesses Us.....





hey momma!!!
yes I am understanding the language more and more every day, it is so cool, prayer works! and heavenly father is real and blesses us! I know it with all my heart now.yeah it is very weird being so far ahead of you, when I go to sleep at 10:30 (exact obedience right?) you guys just barely hit noon in your day, its pretty funny. everything is going awesome, and I truly am having the time of my life, right now, nothing could be better for me than serving the Lord, and apparently my friends and cousins are doing the same thing, and it just makes me so happy, Poland is the best, its so beautiful, and just awesome, just pure awesomeness. last week we went to this huge castle, called ogrodzieniec, its the oldest one in Poland, and I will put the pictures on my google drive so you can see them. 
 so for some awesome times on the mission for this week. I went on an exchange in kraków for the day of Monday, so I got to experience missionary culture in a different city in Poland, it was fun, we did a finding activity for like 5 hours, it was pretty long, and at the end I had a conversation with a very atheist man, in English, because he wanted to speak English, and I couldn't say what I needed to say in polish... yet, so it was good. its funny how people really want like a physical representation of God, like a sign from heaven or something, and they just don't understand that god knows each one of us, and when we receive our message that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is the ONLY true church on the Earth, it is very personal, and it is given to you in the exact way that our Heavenly Father knows you will accept it, we don't need a scientific journal telling us that God is real, all we have to do is ASK, and we will receive, its that simple. so we are still contacting in the giant park, and we have kind of mapped out areas that people are generally walking and sitting, and the first week that we tried in the park we had no lessons, and hardly anyone stopped to talk to us, but slowly we have started to have more success, we taught a young man, who is an agnostic, and the conversation was very interesting, because he said to us that he didn't believe in God, but then he like started looking around at the beauty around him and then said to us, I want to know if God is real, so we gave him a Book of Mormon and we exchanged phone numbers, and he commited to read it. we did a few white-boards and free tables with our district, we handed out books and talked to people, it was so fun and so good. Then on Sunday, a less-active member that we tried to contact CAME TO CHURCH! his wife had told us that he would be on vacation for two weeks (2 Nephi 9:34), but he showed up, it was so cool. our prayers are being answered, the lord is in our lives, and now that he has given us strength to push harder, it is time to pray more, and work harder, and I know that when we work hard the lord blesses us with strength, and then it is our responsibility to use that additional strength to push harder, and receive more, and then push harder again, so we are constantly progressing, and constantly learning more, and I know that when we do that, our heavenly father will look down on us, and with a tear in his eye, his heart will swell with pride, and he will embrace us with the loving and warm feeling of the Holy Ghost in our lives. 
love,

elder summers

No comments:

Post a Comment