Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Little Tips and Tricks....








If I remember right....this is one of the oldest castles in Poland. Fischer said it was Bedzin, I don't know if that is the town or the castle? He is loving Poland!


hey momma bear!
yes the park is way awesome, and the work is for sure going fast there, no investigators yet, but more people are stopping to talk to us, so that's good, and that is awesome that you are looking for a house, it is so strange to think that I will come home to a new home with a new ward and new people and just new everything, but I am sure that it will be okay, because I know that when we do what the lord wants us to do, it is impossible to be unhappy, so i am gooooooood. so in our branch, we have about 20 active members, one member, named zygmnunt is trying to read the book of Mormon 1830 times, and right now he is in the 1600's, so we may not have many members, but the ones we do have are very strong its just one branch that we are over, and we don't have a family history center in our building we meet in, so I will try to get in contact, and that is awesome that someone is looking for one of my ancestors, maybe I will find some long distant relative and bring him/her to Christ, that would be so incredibly cool, I will try to keep that in mind and try as hard as I can to get that. everything is just awesome! so for some experiences now, this week we had a zone conference, so I got to see some of my fellow trainees for a day, it was so fun, we got taught by President Edgren, the Assistants, and we had some awesome pizza, and here in Poland they have a cranberry sauce pizza, and a pickle and kielbasa pizza (both of which are delicious), but anyway the AP's taught us a lot on our contacting, with some little tips and tricks, and some things that they and President want us to focus on during our contacting and tracting. and when me and my companion put those into practice it was amazing, we taught more lessons in one day then we had the entire previous week, we taught one man named Marion, who is an older man, we gave him a Book of Mormon and our card, and told him that he could call us at any time to talk, he seemed pretty receptive, but who knows, maybe something will happen and he will decide to listen to our message of never ending happiness, then we stopped a young woman named Kasia, we taught her as well, she had seen missionaries 6 months previous to our meeting, and she didn't have time to talk but accepted a card, she visited our web-site and liked what she saw, and we set-up a teaching appointment with her for next week, she would be an amazing member, and I have faith that she will come to our lesson. then my companion and I went tracting, which is a little hard to do in our area because there are not many houses to go knock on, but we found a little neighborhood and started knocking, and the last door we knocked on, we found a Methodist woman and talked to her for almost an hour about our church, and then at the end of the lesson my companion asked her if we could do anything for her, and she started tearing up, she had been praying for someone to come and help her, and my companion and I happened to be her answer, it was so cool to have that experience, then the next day we went over to do service, and instead she fed us some cake and we drank some fruit tea, and then we talked for 2 hours with her, we talked about the organization of our church, the plan of salvation, and discussed faith, and repentance, and all kinds of topics, the spirit was there, it was strong, but unfortunately she didn't want to hear any more after our discussion, but I know that eventually, she will see and remember what she felt like, and will want that feeling again. other than that it was life as normal, a lot of studying, a lot of memorizing the language and using it, but all is well, I am happy, and I am spreading a message of happiness to anyone who is willing to stop and hear. this is truly the lords work, and I am so proud to be able to be a part of it.

love,
Elder Fischer Summers

elder summers 

No comments:

Post a Comment