Wednesday, September 17, 2014

God Loves All His Children....

hey momma!

  So what are some things that happened this week that I can talk about, well we focused on that big park I mentioned again for most of our contacting, and we had some interesting experiences, one woman we talked to and actually taught a little lesson to was a catholic like most of the people in this country, and we talked to her about the resurrection of Christ, and about our sacrament, and about the Book of Mormon and the significance of it, it was really cool, I got to bear a very small testimony in Polish haha, my companion does most of the talking because 1) I don't know the language well enough yet, but that's okay because I am only on week 3 in country, and 2) because polish people like to ramble, so you have to be quick if you want to get a word or two in, but I am understanding more and more each day, it is so cool. and then on Saturday we talked to a young man, he is in his mid-twenties and is a physical therapist, he was in the park to register for a marathon that was being held in the park (maybe another sign of how massive this thing is), it was so cool, my companion asked him if he believed that the Bible was the only word of God that we have on the Earth, and he said that that wouldn't make any sense, because God loves all of his children, so it would only make sense that he would give all of his words and teachings to all of his children, and then we were like hey! That's what the Book of Mormon is, and we got into a pretty cool discussion for that, we exchanged e-mails because he will be leaving on vacation for 4 weeks, but I have a really good feeling that he will find the peace and happiness in our gospel that I and so many others have found. other than that, life was good this week, I know that this church is true, without any doubt in my heart at all, this is the only true gospel on the Earth, and I know that it was restored through Joseph Smith, and that we have a living prophet today that talks to God and Jesus Christ, this gospel may be hard to follow, we may have some things that are hard for people to understand or follow, because we require so much work and diligence and obedience, but the fact is, this is supposed to be hard, because life was never easy for Jesus Christ, and we are commanded to follow his example, to be perfect, "even as your father which is in heaven is perfect", so life wont be easy, but I know that through obedience and faith, our loads will be lightened, our lives will be happy, and we will have peace, through this church, the only true church on the face of the Earth today.
love,
elder summers

No comments:

Post a Comment