Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Why We Need The Book Of Mormon....



June 15, 2015

hey momma bear!
I am doing a lot better this week, way better, there is a talk I read recently from president packer entitled "the candle of the lord" and it has some good missionary type of advice about sharing testimonies and why it is so important, so if you want you could give that a read. So this week something pretty awesome happened to us. My companion and I have been meeting recently with a man, he has been coming to English for years, and has met with missionaries off and on over those years. So his biggest obstacle is why we need the Book of Mormon, which is honestly a question that I have never had to answer, so during a morning of study my companion and I studied this, and I found a few answers. The first is basically that the Bible and the Book of Mormon testify of each other, so the Book of Mormon testifies the Bible is true, and the Bible testifies that the Book of Mormon is true, they contain the same teachings, so if the Bible is true, so is the Book of Mormon. And the second is that the Book of Mormon has lost knowledge, the knowledge that everyone will resurrect, the fullness of the gospel or in other words the plan of salvation, infant baptism, and so on. I discovered all of these things that I knew already, but now I know better why they were revealed, and why we need the Book of Mormon. So we had a meeting yesterday with him, and testified of these things, exhorting him to read and find out, to ask God. Then we asked him to follow the example of our savior and become baptized, and he accepted.

love,
elder summers



hey dad!
my week was so good, so much better than last week haha. that weather is craziness, I cant believe its that hot in Wasilla and seward, fishing would be incredible up there right now. and speaking of Alaska, ive heard some funny new things that people think about Alaska here on the mission, mostly from missionaries. we had one here from texas, and he had convinced himself that Alaska is all ice, and if it all melted it would be smaller than texas, then another one thought that Alaska was an island like Hawaii. its just like hearing crazy things about the gospel people think about. once my companion and I got told that the first Mormon was from Australia, no matter what we said she was firm in her belief, it was pretty comical. thank you for your support and love, and your uplifting words, they mean a lot.

love,

elder summers

No comments:

Post a Comment