Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Christ Lives....

This is a link to the Poland Mission 25th Anniversary celebration


mamo!
I am doing so good, honestly, nothing to complain about at all, I love the work, my companion, my responsibilities, everything, I couldn't be happier (unless I was with you of course). im glad that the family is remembering me even though I am half of a world away from you guys, its good to know that I am loved, because a lot of people don't have that luxury, a good family, strong faith, direction and a goal they are working towards, so knowing I do makes me feel very grateful. I want to agree with you that Christ lives, and I actually didn't know that the holy ghost left him in the garden, but an angel was sent to comfort him, but even in spite of that, he suffered more than all of us could even imagine at all. yet even in that moment of extreme pain, he followed his fathers will, perfectly. its amazing to think about. This week we had one pretty intense experience. My companion and I were going through the lists of potential investigators missionaries in the past have gathered, calling them and trying to set up meetings to begin them on the path to Eternal Life again. We called one man, named Piotr, and he was willing to set up a meeting at his house in a city nearby Katowice. The time came for the meeting and we found his address, and went and visited him. We knocked on his door and he answered and invited us in for a discussion. He led us to his room, and the scene we saw was very shocking. Beer bottles empty on his table, cigarettes beside them, and a few small bottles of vodka on his couch. He was slightly under the influence at this time, but was sober enough to listen. We began with a prayer, and the spirit was there, I know it, and the feeling we had was one of pure love to this man. He had given up the fight, giving in to his temptation to drink and smoke, but wanted to come out of it, we could see it in his eyes, the pain and sadness from his addiction. I and my companion have never testified harder in our lives for this man, we told him God loves him, and is his Father, that he is there for him at all times, he responded by saying that no one knows how he feels. So we opened to Alma 7: 11-13, and read these verses about why the Savior offered himself as a sacrifice. We testified again and again, trying to help him, the Spirit was so palpable in the room, and it broke through to him. Because after all of this, he decided to start reading the Book of Mormon again and praying daily, and I know that the power of God will work through this man. I love you so much mom.

love,
Elder Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment