Thursday, January 1, 2015

I Testify Of What I Know Is True....





hey momma!
yeah its pretty cool the difference that you can make in someones life just by loving them and inviting them back, or just by offering a hand of support for them, it was really cool to be apart of wojtek's change during this last transfer. so, speaking of transfers, we got our calls a few days ago, and i am moving cities again, this next transfer i will be in kielce with my companion, who was born in austria, and knows german and english, he has been out just over a year, so it will be a really fun transfer, oh and kielce is in the south of poland, so i am heading back to where i was born.  so on the subject of weather, the grass is still green, and it has been warm enough that i really dont need to even wear a jacket anymore outside, its very very strange, i wont have a white christmas this year, but hey its no big deal, im outside all day so its nice to have warm weather. So my companion and I had one experience this week. It was when we were contacting with another Elder, and we were just walking along the street and contacting like normal, and we were coming up behind this lady. Usually we don't contact people coming from behind them, but this time the Elder contacted her and began to teach her about faith. After he was done, my companion took over and taught about Jesus Christ and what he did when he was on Earth, and what we need to do in order to follow him. And then after that I taught about Joseph Smith, and I completely butchered my Polish, I know that it sounded terrible, and honestly I'm surprised it made sense at all. But nevertheless, I got through it and afterward, she said that she would be interested in meeting with us and discussing more about what we said, so we exchanged numbers and left. After this, what I learned was that no matter if I butcher my Polish, no matter if it really doesn't make sense at all, as long as I testify of what I know is true, the people will understand it, they will feel different, an they will want to learn more about our church and our message to the world. The Spirit truly speaks all languages, and Heavenly Father really does make up the differences in our weaknesses.


love,


No comments:

Post a Comment