Monday, October 27, 2014

We Will Recieve Help....Because He Loves Us


Saying goodbye to his first companion and trainer.....thanks Elder

hey!
wow, you sound like you are doing so good! the Lord is guiding your path so you have nothing to worry about, and Smitty will be fine, he is the toughest dog in the world. The change will be good, you are already seeing family more it sounds like, and since we will be with them for eternity, it wouldn't be a bad thing to be around them haha. yes I loved conference, it was so amazing to be edified by our Prophets, so I am getting transfered to Łódź, Yes I got the travel wods and they are being put to use. and I will keep putting on pictures of my adventures. So I had two experiences that I would like to share with you about what happened this week. The first is about a man named Mirek, who we first met at our English Class two weeks ago, when he came in he had a different, sad spirit about him, he sat through the lesson and he was very willing to participate in everything that we had our English students do. After English he stayed behind and wanted us to sign the Book of Mormon that we gave him for our spiritual thought at the beginning of the lesson. As we wrote down our testimonies in the book my companion talked to him, and sadly he is separating from his wife, and wanted to learn English so he could leave Poland. He showed up to English the next week as well, and after we taught him a little bit about baptism, nothing formal, but we explained what we believe on the subject. We then invited him to church and on Sunday he came and participated in all three meetings, he was already starting to look different, to look happier. This gospel builds people back up after a hard trial, because this religion was restored by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and they direct this church, the only thing that this church and its teaching will do is edify us. So no matter what situation you are in in your life, this church can build you up, and I know that is what will happen with Mirek, he is an amazing man and this gospel will strengthen him, and he will find peace in this church.
The second experience happened right after we dropped off my companion to head into Warsaw. We were doing some street contacting, I was by myself, and I manager to stop a man named Marcin. And for the first time, I was able to teach him in Polish, and understand what he was saying, it was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced, and I know that it was through the Lord and his hand in my life that I was able to do that. I taught him about faith, repentance, baptism, and the example that Jesus Christ put forth for us to follow, it was just incredible. This made me think of another aspect of the gospel, which is that when we are doing what we are supposed to do, following the commandments and the plan that our Heavenly Father has put forth, we will receive help, because he loves us, and he wants to help us, but we have to work hard, and after all we can do, after all of our courage and diligence, the Lord will make up the difference, always, I know that he loves each and every one of us, and every person on this Earth needs help at some point, and when we are willing to work for it, our Heavenly Father will help us.

love,

elder summers

No comments:

Post a Comment